Monday, September 17, 2012

My Heart is Crying, However, Memories Are Gradually Turning to Smiles

It has been quite some time since I have shared any projects with you, but something much more important in my life interrupted my daily routine and resulted in my unexpected absence from here.

In early June my Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I flew home to be with her and my family to fight this dreaded disease and in hopes that treatment would stop it in its tracks. That was not to be...the angels came for Mom on July 3rd. Time was so short, but Mom had a strength and grace throughout the whole ordeal that I only hope I can emulate. 

Over the past few months I made the decision to remain with Daddy, and with my sister's help, assist him with all of the things he needed to do to get back up on his feet. We also needed each other to survive my Mom's birthday and Mom and Daddy's 60th wedding anniversary which would have both taken place in August. It was the best decision and the right decision for me. My husband has been extremely supportive in my actions and for that I am very grateful.

During my time at home I was totally focused on family and let other things in my life slide, including my blog. Now I am back in CT and am still focused on family, but am at a point where I can get back into my blogging. While at home I did make many cards and will be sharing them all with you. Give me a couple of days to get back on my feet and situated.

I still cry a lot and my heart is heavy. I'll be fine and then the littlest thing will send the tears rolling down my cheeks over the loss of Mom. Memories are gradually producing smiles instead of tears, but I know it's going to be a long time (if ever) that my tears cease. I can only imagine what my Daddy is feeling since Mama is the love of his life.

Mama, I love you and I miss you so very much. You are my best friend. I know that your worries for Daddy were upmost in your thoughts. Sis and I are taking good care of Daddy so you can rest easy and not worry about him. I know you are looking down on us with your wry little smile and those twinkles in your eyes...that will give us all the strength we need to carry on until me meet again. I love you...



Picture of the Polished Moxie Logo










Page Content © 2012 Polished Moxie Concepts and Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I welcome and appreciate all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...